- Improvements both at the API level and inside VS2010
- Documentation is much improved
- Supporting LINQ so that developers will not have to access lists using the archane SharePoint API and rather use much more standard OO notation that is supported by intellisense.
- We also improve support for Silverlight.
- Plans with Azure are not clear
Where I can download the Sharepoint 2010 Beta?
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 beta will be "invitation-only" :-(
- Maybe there will be a public beta "later in 2009" ...
How do I prepare my environments for Sharepoint 2010 ?
- Deploy Service Pack 2 and take a good look at the SharePoint 2010 Upgrade Checker that’s shipped as part of the update. The Upgrade Checker will scan your SharePoint Server 2007 deployment for many issues that could affect a future upgrade to SharePoint 2010.
Sharepoint 2010 Requirements:
- SharePoint Server 2010 will be 64-bit only. (We should also create 64 bit virtual environments?!)
- SharePoint Server 2010 will require 64-bit Windows Server 2008 or 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
- SharePoint Server 2010 will require 64-bit SQL Server 2008 or 64-bit SQL Server 2005.