vrijdag, juli 31, 2009
thx to gillcleeren
donderdag, juli 23, 2009
- Upgrading from Win2003 & Moss to Win 2008 & Sharepoint 2010 (blogwriter has got a sharepoint 2010 beta!) check it out at http://blogs.technet.com/ritaylor/archive/2009/07/17/a-triple-double-upgrade-part-1.aspx
- Slides about "Preparing for Upgrade to SharePoint 2010 Today" by Sharepoint Joel aka joeloleson, nice info about PreUpgradeCheck to run on old Sharepoint server to check for problems
- SharePoint Products and Technologies: 2010 (Technical Preview) Developer Documentation about Customizing the Ribbon in Windows® SharePoint® Services "14" download it here
vrijdag, juli 17, 2009
When you upgrade Sharepoint 2007 to 2010, by default the layout will stay like it is in 2007, but this setting can be changed:
Go to Site Actions > Preview New Visuals, choose one of the 3 new options:
- Keep the previous Sharepoint user experience (default)
- Preview the new Sharepoint 2010 user experience, but let me return to the previous user experience
=> allows you to flip between the old and new experience and prevents you to do something that isn't compatible with the old version
- Use the Sharepoint 2010 user experience and don't ask me again
=> you can do things that are incompatible with older versions
* = SharePoint Content Management Package
Source : http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/2010/Sneak_Peek/Pages/IT-Pro-Video.aspx
Things to remember from previous posts:
- Your servers (development, production, everything!) need to be 64bit!
Sharepoint 2010 won't run on 32bits anymore (read more)
dinsdag, juli 14, 2009
Learn about it at: http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/2010/Sneak_Peek/Pages/Get_Ready.aspx
Stay tuned @ http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/Pages/Default.aspx
maandag, juli 13, 2009
vrijdag, juli 10, 2009
- Improvements both at the API level and inside VS2010
- Documentation is much improved
- Supporting LINQ so that developers will not have to access lists using the archane SharePoint API and rather use much more standard OO notation that is supported by intellisense.
- We also improve support for Silverlight.
- Plans with Azure are not clear
Where I can download the Sharepoint 2010 Beta?
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 beta will be "invitation-only" :-(
- Maybe there will be a public beta "later in 2009" ...
How do I prepare my environments for Sharepoint 2010 ?
- Deploy Service Pack 2 and take a good look at the SharePoint 2010 Upgrade Checker that’s shipped as part of the update. The Upgrade Checker will scan your SharePoint Server 2007 deployment for many issues that could affect a future upgrade to SharePoint 2010.
Sharepoint 2010 Requirements:
- SharePoint Server 2010 will be 64-bit only. (We should also create 64 bit virtual environments?!)
- SharePoint Server 2010 will require 64-bit Windows Server 2008 or 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
- SharePoint Server 2010 will require 64-bit SQL Server 2008 or 64-bit SQL Server 2005.
Download it here :
woensdag, juli 08, 2009
Using 32bit udf functions in a 64bit Excel Service environment:
maandag, juli 06, 2009
This problem can be solved by adding the hostname to a registry value, all the needed information, you will find in the links below
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926642 & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861
- Diagnose IIS Errors: http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/07/14/HOWTO_Diagnose_IIS_401_Access_Denied.aspx
- Problems crawling (access denied) this hostname: DisableLoopback, more info @ http://dotnet.org.za/zlatan/archive/2008/11/19/access-is-denied-check-that-the-default-content-access-account-has-access-to-this-content-or-add-a-crawl-rule-to-crawl-this-content.aspx